|96||2014-12-24 12:38am GMT|
Archives widget that make your monthly/daily archives look like a calendar on the sidebar. If you have a lot of archives that takes a lot of space on your sidebar this widget is for you. Display your archives as a compact calendar, entirely customizable with CSS.
I'm alone to test this plugin before release and I can't test everything with particular configurations or on different versions of WordpPress, your feedback is precious.
- Displays monthly archives as a compact year calendar
- Displays daily archives as a compact month calendar
- Show/hide monthly post count
- 8 themes included (with .less files)
- 2 Custom themes taht keep your CSS styles even after the plugin update
- Choose a different theme for each widget
- Show widget with previous/current/next or last available month
- Category select. Show post only from selected categories
- Custom post_type support
- Entirely customizable with CSS
- .PO/.MO Localisation (Fançais, Deutsch, Español, Portugues, Simplified Chinese, Serbo-Croatian)
- Shortcode support
- jQuery animated with possibility to use your own JS code.
Not just a widget, if your theme does not support widgets, you can use this calendar by calling its function:
you can also configure it:
$defaults = array( 'next_text' => '˃', 'prev_text' => '˂', 'post_count' => true, 'month_view' => true, 'month_select' => 'default', 'different_theme' => 0, // set 1 (true) if you want to set a different theme for this widget 'theme' => null, // theme 'name' if 'different_theme' == true 'categories' => null, // array() -> list of categories to show 'post_type' => null // array() -> list of post types to show ); archive_calendar($args);
next_text: text showing on the next year button, can be empty or HTML to use with Font Awesome for example.
prev_text: just like
next_text but for previous year button.
true to show the number of posts for each month,
false to hide it. If you hide post count with CSS, set to false to avoid counting posts uselessly.
true to show months instead of years archives, false by default.
default shows the last month available with at least one post. Also
SHORTCODE SUPPORT Use the shortcode to show Archives Calendar in the text widget or in a page:
[arcalendar next_text=>'>' prev_text=>'<' post_count=>"true" month_view=>"true" "categories"=>"category1, category2", post_type=>"post, forum"]
In some cases the support of shortcodes in the text widget has to be activated in the plugin settings
Please use the Support section to report issues.