Archives widget that make your monthly archives look like a calendar on the sidebar. If you have a lot of archives that takes a lot of place on your sidebar this widget is for you. Displays your archives as a compact calendar, entirely customizable with CSS.
- Displays monthly archives as a compact year calendar
- Show/hide monthly post count
- Entirely customizable with CSS
- 3 themes included (with .less files)
- Shortcode support
- jQuery animated with possibility to use your own JS code.
Not just a widget, if your theme does not support widgets, you can use this calendar by calling it’s function:
<?php archives_calendar(); ?>
you can also configure it:
'next_text' => '>',
'prev_text' => '<',
'post_count' => true,
next_text: text showing on the next year button, can be empty or HTML to use with Font Awesome for example.
prev_text: just like 'next_text' but for previous year button.
post_count: true to show the number of posts for each month, false to hide it. If you hide post count with CSS, set to false to avoid counting posts uselessly.
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress.
- Configure the plugin through ‘Settings > Archives Calendar’ menu in WordPress.
- Activate the widget in ‘Appearance > Widgets’ menu in WordPress
By default the plugin will include jQuery library and it’s default css file into your theme. If your theme already uses jQuery please disable it the plugin’s Settings.
Note that if you modify the default CSS file to skin the calendar, you will lose all your changes on the next update, I recommend you to copy css style into you theme’s default CSS file.